Coaching RequirementsIn order to be a Coach or Assistant Coach for St. Cajetan Athletics, we must abide by Archdiocesan requirements for staff\volunteers working directly with children. All volunteers must be compliant with these requirements. This is ultimately for the safety of our children.Please visit the Virtus Training Page of our website for instructions on how to compete the required certification. Coaches are required to complete an additional step (see step six below).
Anyone wishing to coach MUST complete all six steps to participate.
- Complete on-line background check. Click here to start the background check process. New users are required to register first, the access code is "protection". If this has been completed in the past please notify the school at firstname.lastname@example.org with a date or approximate date it was completed so it can be verified.
- Complete a CANTS form each year and submit to the school office. Do not mail it, the school office will mail. Click here to download the form.
- Complete a Code of Conduct form and submit to the school office. Click here to download the form.
- Attend Protecting God's Children training within 30 days of completing the background check. Click here to start registration process.
- Submit the VIRTUS training completion certificate to the school office. If you previously attended VIRTUS training, please submit a copy of your certificate to the school office.
- Complete Mandated Reporter Training – This class can be done on-line. Take the class, print the certificate and turn it into the office. Click here for more information regarding on-line class availability.
Any person wishing to coach MUST complete all six of these steps to participate. If you are need of this information please download from links provided on this page.If you have questions or need assistance completing these requirements, please email email@example.com or call the school at 773.233.8844.