Why Choose St. Cajetan School?
We offer what every parent wants for their child- an education that prepares students for success today and for a lifetime.
- We are Catholic. We start each day with prayer and include God in everything we do. Children learn to live their faith daily and begin to take responsibility for themselves and for each other. Students attend Mass weekly as a grade and monthly as part of our all-school liturgy.
- We are Challenging. Our teachers have designed curricula in Reading, Language Arts, Math Social Studies, and Science that are aligned to the Common Core and Illinois State Standards. Embedded in these lessons are innovative practices like Guided Reading, Literature Circles, Algebraic inquiry and STEM experimentation. And to ensure that their learning experience is well rounded, St.Cajetan provides our students with Spanish, Music, Technology, and Art as part of their core education.
- We are Technogically Advanced. Students in grades PreK-8 receive weekly computer instruction and explore technology as part of their daily lessons. All classrooms are equipped with desktop computers, laptops, Ipads, Mimio Teach Bars, Elmos, projectors and Smart Boards. In July of 2015, our school underwent a full technology upgrade, including improvements to our bandwidth.
- We are Successful. Last year 100% of our 8th graders were accepted into their first high school choice and that same class received over $45,000 in scholarship money upon graduation from St. Cajetan. Also, two of our alumni served as valedictorian of their high school classes in 2015.
- We are Attentive. With an average student/teacher ratio of 20:1, we are able to enrich, instruct and remediate students according to their individual needs. We also offer Resource and ESL instruction ensuring that no child is left behind.
- We are Flexible. To meet the diverse needs of our youngest learners, we offer full-day and half-day options for our combined 3 and 4 year-old preschool program as well as two, three and five-day options. We also support our working parents by offering after-care daily until 6 p.m.
- We are Supportive. Our community at St. Cajetan is truly one of a kind. We rally around our members, both in times of celebration and in times of need, and come together annually in support of such causes as St. Baldrick's, Ronald McDonald House, and St. Blasé Supper Ministry.
St. Cajetan wants to welcome you into our family. If you would like a school tour or more information, please email or call us at 773.474.7820.