National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society recognizes those students in 7th and 8th grader who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship and character. There are five main purposes that guide the chapters: to create enthusiasm for scholarship; to stimulate a desire to render service; to promote leadership; to encourage responsible citizenship; and to develop character in the students of secondary schools. These purposes also translate into the criteria used for membership selection in each local chapter.
- Scholarship is a commitment to learning and helps us continually expand our world.
- Leadership is present as a wholesome influence on the school.
- Service is a willingness to work for the benefit of those in need, and do so without monetary compensation or without recognition. We are committed to the idea of volunteering our time and abilities to the creation of a better tomorrow.
- Citizenship asks us to live up to the laws and guidelines which unite us as a civilized society and that we work together to improve the lives of all citizens.
- Character is a force that guides us through life and is a product of working each day to make the right choices in our lives.